Day 13, November 20th, 2022 Continued
Day 1 of the Wine Tour
Unfortunately, neither Penny nor I took our phones so no pictures. Kathy Van Zyl our Tour Guide shared some of her extensive knowledge of South African wines. She has spent time in most wine producing countries so her knowledge is immense.
Along with various appetizers (canapés), we tasted:
- A Bubbly (Methode Cap Classique or MCC) – Graham Beck Brut
- Sauvignon Blanc – Neil Ellis Groenekloof
- Chenin Blanc – Tierhoek
- Chardonnay – Constantia Uitsig
- Pinot Noir – Iona Mr P
- Syrah – Eagles Nest
- Pinotage – Southern Right
- Cab/Merlot blend – Rupert & Rothschild Classic
A lot of wine and food, so we decided not to do dinner and instead went up to our luxury room and ordered Dessert – me a Malva Pudding (a South African specialty) and Penny had a cheesecake with extra berries. Both delicious (made up for that dieting brunch).